Here are some of the best places on the 'net to learn more about MAME and arcade games in general. All links open in a new window so you won't lose this one. Though hand-picked and regularly checked, their content and availability are the responsibility of their owners, not mine. Use this information at your own risk. Refuse any offered program installations and close popups to reduce the risk of viruses and spyware.
General MAME info, downloads, help files, and Frequently Asked Question lists:
Arcade cabinet and control panel design and construction:
- Mame.net (The official MAME site) - be sure to read the FAQ List there
- MAME World (Excellent MAME information site) - check out the EasyEmu and EmuAdvice tutorials
- Mame32 (Windows version)
- Mame Help
- Tombstones (Free Canadian MAME ROMs CD burning offer!) - another great FAQ List
- DOS MAME Support (including K6 optimized versions)
- Purple MAME (useful info for DOS MAME)
- Easy MameCab
- AdvanceMAME: A powerfully configurable MAME release, its companion front end AdvanceMenu and support forum (I use them in my cabinet)
- Unofficial MAME derivative releases with restored games/special features: MAME32 Plus!, Misfit MAME, AdvanceMAME+, FMAME32, MAME:Analog+, SmoothMAME, TVMAME32, MAME32FX, FastMAME and No Name MAME
- See what's new in the latest version of MAME, and coming up in future versions
- Tools to audit, maintain and sort your ROM collection: ClrMamePro, RomCenter, MAME Content Manager and MAME Merge
- MAME Tools from Moose's Software Valley (Benchmark, Screen Shot Organizer, etc.)
- Run MAME in RAM from a self-booting AdvanceCD or KnoppixMAME CD
- Easily configure a new cabinet from scratch with Fraggal's Boot CD, Erik's Boot Disk or Omnicade CD
- Kaillera and MAME32K allow multiplayer MAME games to be played across the Internet
- See how the experts play for high scores using these INP recordings from the MAME Action Replay Page
- Sources of optional MAME support files (artwork, samples, history/cheat lists, etc.):
- Other emulators/simulators and targets for games not emulated by MAME, and their emulation status:
Commercial arcade cabinet and control panel parts suppliers:
Pre-made standalone PC control panels and other game hardware:
Usenet newsgroups and other message boards/discussion groups/live chat forums:
Download game ROMs and Compressed Hard Drive images: (Some sites may require free registration)
Find out all about the original games: (General game info, history, play hints, control panel layouts, manuals, schematic diagrams, DIP switch settings, specifications, service data, promotional flyers, etc.)
Original game collecting and restoration:
Local arcades, suppliers, enthusiasts and groups in and around Ottawa, Ontario, Canada:
Arcade4All (The Canada Arcade Club)
Other local MAMErs: Garry's Canadian MAME Machine and Isaac's MAME Arcade
Many more MAME-related pages can be found with your favorite search
engine, such as Google.
- Build Your Own Arcade Controls (Fantastic resource, lots of examples, including a link to my cabinet) - now in book form too!
- Build Your Own Steering Wheel and Pedals
- Build Your Own Star Wars Yoke
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Converting an Arcade Cabinet to a MAME Cabinet
- PC2JAMMA and ArcadeOS - Connecting a PC to a universal JAMMA arcade cabinet
- Some unique cabinet and control panel designs: Pac-mamea, Frosty's Arcade, The Mushroom, Xiaou2's Dream Cab, Supercade, Arcade Euphoria and Uncle T's
- Download free cabinet construction plans from LuSiD, Scott's Unicade, Mike's Arcade, Aarghcade and Classic Cabinets
- Purchase detailed cabinet construction plans and blueprints from MameRoom or Game Cabinets Inc.
Visit and add to my guestbook.
Return to Russ' Home Page
or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .